I don't create poetry, I create myself, for me my poems are a way to me. ~Edith Södergran

Thursday, May 26, 2011

If this doesn't inspire teachers...

I am not sure if many of you are aware of who Dalton Sherman is, but he is a 10 year old 5th grader from the Charles Rice Learning Center in Dallas, Texas.  He has become a motivational speaker that has traveled across the country, been of 60 minutes, Oprah and Ellen.  I wanted to post this video of his speech because as someone who has been in the teaching profession for quite some time I can appreciate this.  I hope
 anyone who watches, especially teachers (who may at times find themselves questioning the value they have to offfer), enjoys and maybe finds more empowerment because of what this little man says.

No comments:

Post a Comment